Re: [Tails-ux] feature request: seperate, multiple, persist…

Author: segfault
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] feature request: seperate, multiple, persistant volumes
Thomas:
> Thanks for the reply...
> And, I believe multiple persistence would give another benefit...
> If someone were coerced into giving their password, they could give one
> and not the other...
> This is why it should just ask for a password instead of ask for a user
> name first, or presenting a list of users to choose from
> By entering a specific password, the user choice would be constrained
> with no hint of other user-options (except size of volume?)
> perhaps saving more than hardware =)

In a naive implementation, this wouldn't fool anyone who knows how to
look at the partition table (for example with fdisk or gnome-disks), as
the different LUKS partitions are listed there.
You would need something like TrueCrypt's hidden volumes, but that's
currently not implemented in LUKS [1].

[1] https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/issues/7