Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design

Author: segfault
To: George Kadianakis, anonym, sajolida, Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design
Finally, the next prototype is ready :)
Sorry for the long wait, it took quite some work to create it. I also
already implemented some functionality of the CLI to use it for the GUI.

You can get it from here:
https://gitlab.com/segfault_/tails_server

I also append some screenshots.

In contrast to the previous design, now the configuration is only
displayed via the "Configure" button or when adding a new service. This
way the user is required to click the "Accept and Restart Service"
button to apply the configuration, making it clear that the service will
be restarted. A disadvantage is that some options could actually be
changed without restarting the service (and others only require to
reload the Tor service), which would not be possible with the new
design. Maybe I could add those to the "status panel" (the one which
displays the status of the options and contains the configure button,
see screenshot 4).

There is still a lot of functionality missing:
-The option buttons and documentation button do nothing
-The status indicators (on/off label with red/green light) don't work yet
-The "Details" panel always contains the Mumble details
-Removing services doesn't work yet
-No onion address is generated
-I plan to display another connection string for the local network if
"Allow LAN" is enabled

Please test the prototype and provide feedback.

Cheers!