Re: [Tails-l10n] inline news and currentlang

Author: drebs
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] inline news and currentlang
sajolida codificou 2,1K bytes:
> First of all, take into account that this directive has changed in
> 4ca7ed3 as we disabled translations for our monthly reports (to lower
> the load of what is meant to be translated) and very old release notes
> (to speed up the build of the website).
>
> So maybe the difference you see come from this.
>
> Otherwise I think that it already does what you want. For example on
> https://tails.boum.org/news/index.de.html I see release notes in German,
> monthly reports and calls for testing in English.

Thanks for your answer.

I was actually talking about index pages, which have a slightly different
behaviour than the news pages.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what I expect to see is exactly the same list of news on
pages of different languages, but with translated entries appearing instead of
english entries whenever they are available. Is this correct?

It seems to me that this behaviour actually happens on the news page, and in
the security box of index page, but it doesn't happen in the News box of index
page. In english index page, i see "Tails report for March 2016" from 13 Apr
2016 and "Tails 2.2.1 is out" from 18 Mar 2016. But on german, french and
portuguese index pages i see 2 entries called "\"Tails" from 18 Mar 2016 and
08 Mar 2016. On farsi index page the titles seem to work but the dates are
also different from main english index page.

Shouldn't wee see the same stuff on all pages, translated whenever available?

Also, shouldn't the index pages have the same directives of the news pages?

cheers!
drebs.