Re: [Tails-l10n] Question to translators of the Installation…

Author: spriver
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Question to translators of the Installation Assistant
Hi,

intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> spriver wrote (09 Apr 2016 08:05:10 GMT) :
>> Lately I was continuing translating the Installation Assistant I
>> stumbled upon a bug/weird thing happening while translating pages
>> including inline pages. Does it also happen that after adding the
>> extension to a file name in a page (e.g.
>> install/inc/steps/not_at_all.inline to
>> install/inc/steps/not_at_all.inline.de) that the page including the
>> inline gets broken in a weird way? (showing the raw content of the .po
>> file including the header etc.)
>
> This looks very much like an issue that we've known for a while, with
> the set of technologies that were chosen to implement the Installation
> Assistant: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6907
>
> I'm glad that you've never seen this problem anywhere else, it means
> we're doing a good job at avoiding risky combinations in most parts of
> our website :)

Thanks for the link. So I think that I'll leave all related strings and
occurrences marked as fuzzy...I think we'll have to live with it until
it get's fixed?

But this issue happened also on the website, e.g. while including
"wiki/src/inc/stable_i386_date.de.po" in a translated version. (at least
this happened some weeks before).

Cheers!
spriver