Re: [Tails-dev] (review)[de] Shutdown notification; questio…

Author: spriver
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] (merge)[de] Shutdown notification; question to .desktop files
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] (review)[de] Shutdown notification; question to .desktop files
Hi,

intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> spriver wrote (16 Mar 2016 15:04:40 GMT) :
>> I've added a translation in German of the shutdown message regarding the
>> wiping of the memory. I also built the image with the applied changes,
>> everything went fine and while shutting down the message is displayed
>> properly when German was selected as language in the Greeter.
>
>> (@German translators: if you don't want to build the whole .iso just
>> change the file and I'll do it then )
>
>> Please review:
>> https://gitlab.com/spriver/tails.git
>> branch: de_kexec
>> HEAD commit: 47afb26 Added German translation
>
>> Affected files:
>> config/chroot_local-includes/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/tails-kexec
>
> Thanks!
>
> Was it reviewed by another German language translator?
>
> Can you please resubmit a patch that doesn't add trailing whitespace?

I wrote the email to get it reviewed by another German translator ;) I
wrote it to @tails-dev because it concerns Tails itself and not only the
doc. (and my other question also referred to other applications) I hope
this was okay and did not bother anyone.
I removed the trailing whitespaces and re-pushed the branch. So the
German translators need to review ;)

>> @tails-dev itself:
>> How are the .desktop files of things like the Installation Assistant,
>> Persistence setup etc. being translated? I only know how to configure
>> .desktop files itself, but I never translated those before. Can someone
>> give me some information (where and how to do so)? (since I'd love to
>> see those menu entries in German language )
>
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/liveusb-creator/tree/data/tails-installer-launcher.desktop
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/persistence-setup/tree/share/applications/tails-persistence-setup.desktop
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/persistence-setup/tree/share/applications/tails-persistence-delete.desktop
> etc.