Re: [Tails-dev] Tail 2.2 Ugly as HELL

Author: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
To: anonym, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tail 2.2 Ugly as HELL
On Thu 2016-03-17 08:41:42 -0400, anonym wrote:
> Are you sure there would be no other changes? IIRC pure GNOME Shell deal
> with switching between applications (think: alt+tab) in a "novel" way.

It's also possible that some default GNOME shell stuff requires fancier
graphics capabilities than some hardware provides. i believe gnome
classic doesn't have as many requirements (though i have no clear
reference for this concern -- maybe someone knows GNOME upstream well
enough to sort it out?)

i don't know what kind of minimum bar for graphics cards we want to set
for users of Tails, but any switch would probably need to be considered
in terms of what kinds of hardware we're ruling out.

         --dkg