Re: [Tails-dev] Porting bash to python

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Porting bash to python
Nan:
> Hi!

Hey!

> We'd like to help convert Tails bash scripts to python. We've done
> that a lot with GoodCrypto.

Great! We're looking forward to your pull requests. :)

Please let us know if there is anything else you need for starting not
covered in our general coding contribution guidelines [0] and what's
already on the blueprint [1].

> If anyone wants a few pages of notes on some quirks of the sh module,
> just let us know.

This sounds like a great resource to add to our blueprint [1] perhaps in
the "Guidelines" or "Tips and tricks" sections. Note that our blueprints
are open for edits via the web interface, and you are very welcome to
influence the direction of this effort by editing it (bigger changes are
of course encouraged to first be discussed on this mailing list).

Cheers!

[0] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/code/
[1] https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/Port_shell_scripts_to_Python/