[Tails-testers] Apple MacBook Air testing

Author: spriver
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Apple MacBook Air testing
Hi,

today we had the opportunity to test two MacBook models by Apple:

Apple MacBook Air 6,2 "Core i5-4250U" 1.3 13" (Mid-2013) (A1466)

-shutdown does not work properly (via the menu and plugging the USB
stick of while running): the shutdown process gets stuck after the kexec
message

-Wi-Fi is not working (Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network
Adapter rev03), on the Debian website
(https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple/MacBookAir/6-2) is
written that the package "broadcom-sta-dkms" is needed. We tried to
install, also the kernel headers, and managed to load the module "wl",
but still the network card won't get detected. The wifi card is also
built in into other Mac Books and computers by other vendors, so maybe
this driver should be included into Tails?

The rest seems to work fine, wired network is possible and there were no
graphical issues.

Apple MacBook "Core M" 1.2 Intel Mobile M (M-5Y51) 12" (Early 2015) (A1534)

-the notebook is booting fine but in the Greeter the keyboard and
touchpad are not working. We tried failsafe, too, but this does not
change anything. Unfortunately we did not have the ability to check with
an external keyboard/mouse, but I think this should work (but this is
not the optimal solution for a notebook ;) ). I could not find anything
Debian related topics online.

Hope this helps (:

Cheers!

spriver