Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on compromised hardware

Author: BitingBird
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on compromised hardware
Michael English:
> We should add a warning about using different operating systems
> alongside Tails. Rootkits can be embedded in the SPI flash by a
> malicious operating system and persist across boots. Tails users should
> have a dedicated Tails computer possibly with the hard drive removed to
> limit persistent storage.

Has someone checked the warning page recently? We worked on it 6 months
ago, and it starts with "Tails does not protect against compromised
hardware", then "Tails can be compromised if installed or plugged in
untrusted systems" and "Tails does not protect against BIOS or firmware
attacks". So I think you're all proposing to add things that are already
there, no?

https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html

Cheers,