[Tails-ux] [review] Onion Circuits and Tor Status extension …

Author: Spencer
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
CC: intrigeri
Subject: [Tails-ux] [review] Onion Circuits and Tor Status extension strings
Hi,

>> sajolida:
>> I'll do that in #11210

I don't understand the difference between Onion Circuits and Tor Status
[#11161].

> intrigeri:
> Thanks a lot!

Onion looks good! Here are some thoughts:

• Unless there are plans for more information in the dropdown, the Onion
Circuit click would be more effective if it opened the dialog instead of
presenting an option to do so in a dropdown. The softkeyboard functions
like this, so it seems okay.

• The log fills up nicely but the info disappears. It would be great to
have control over this, if not only to have enough time to read and
understand.

• Path section shows both circuits and log info. Could be either/or, or
emphasize the difference between with color coding.

• There are no details when clicking on the path, as the instructions
suggest we expect. I am unsure if this is the case with some log items
but all items would benefit from having details of some sort.

• Access to an explicit log would be great.

• It is not clear what the one hop paths are. They eventually
disappear.

• Some are 2 hops. These also eventually disappear.

• Maybe country could be the path labels, moving the router name to the
details section where country is.

• Regarding the subtitle of the dialog, the difference between circuits
and streams isn't clear.

• Status labels aren't clear: Extended?

• Maybe circuit visualization should accompany 'Open Onion Circuits'
option in the dropdown.

• Why are there these circuits? How are they determined? Can these be
manual or is there value to automatic potential path generation?

Wordlife,
Spencer