Re: [Tails-dev] dconf-editor dropped, gedit-plugins, systemd…

Author: maddonkeykong
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] dconf-editor dropped, gedit-plugins, systemd, w32codecs
-------- Original Message --------
From: Austin English <austinenglish@???>
Apparently from: tails-dev-bounces@???
To: The Tails public development discussion list <tails-dev@???>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 20:44:40 -0600

> TL;DR: I think we should ship as many codecs as we can, to allow as
> wide of access to media as possible.
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:38 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> > Austin English wrote (07 Mar 2016 03:05:46 GMT) :
> >> That said, including win32 codecs is probably worthwhile.

RE: win32 codecs - I agree. So let's say we have win32 codecs installed. Can Totem handle these codecs, or do we need to install another video player?

Now regardless of video player, there are a few different browser plugins available in the repos to directly handle these codecs. The problem is, you probably don't want these to load into Tor Browser.

So what could be used instead? The unsafe browser or a separate profile or browser with the codecs and plugin capability?