[Tails-ux] [review] Onion Circuits and Tor Status extension …

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] [review] Onion Circuits and Tor Status extension strings
Hi,

[please Cc me any replies, I don't read the list.]

In Tails 2.2, Vidalia is replaced by Onion Circuits + a Tor Status
extension. The extension is a gray onion icon that's where Vidalia's
icon used to be. Onion Circuits can be started from the Tor Status
extension, or from the Applications menu.

Can you folks please review the GUI strings for these two pieces
of software? You can see how they look live in Tails 2.2~rc1:

https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.2-rc1/

In case you want to send me a patch or pull request, the strings live in
source code that's tracked in Git:

https://git-tails.immerda.ch/onioncircuits/tree/onioncircuits
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/torstatus@tails.boum.org/extension.js?h=testing

For now, I'm mainly interested in how _strings_ could be improved.
If you have further comments on the UX created by these new tools,
please let Alan (Cc'ed) know about it :)