Re: [Tails-dev] Heads up! Upgrade your ISO build setup to Je…

Author: intrigeri
To: Muri Nicanor
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Heads up! Upgrade your ISO build setup to Jessie
Hi,

Muri Nicanor wrote (22 Feb 2016 17:47:31 GMT) :
> attached is a patch thats adds a stanza about apt pinning, so live-build
> doesn't get upgraded.

Thanks! I've applied the patch as-is, but I'd like to see it polished
in a second iteration, if you don't mind (so please base further work
on an updated master branch):

> +      Package: *
> +      Pin: release a=stable

I think that this would be a bit stricter:

Pin: release o=Debian,a=stable

> +      Pin: release a=builder-jessie

How about doing this instead?

Pin: origin deb.tails.boum.org

... it has the advantage of not needing to be updated next time.
(and it's what we do in our tails::builder Puppet class, so let's make
them consistent :)

> i still have the monkeysphere problem and some libeatmydata.so errors...
> here is the buildlog, if needed:
> https://share.riseup.net/#oMzQYQ0g5kBmS0sDZG3tXg

Is it fixed if you
cherry-pick 95197ff45c8b631474aa6c277d6ee7e4fcf0a4fe?

That commit should perhaps have been part of the branch for
#9262, sorry!