Re: [Tails-testers] Experience installing Tails 2.0.1 using …

Autor: intrigeri
Para: David Fifield
CC: tails-testers
Asunto: Re: [Tails-testers] Experience installing Tails 2.0.1 using tails-installer
Hi David,

thanks for this amazing detailed report! I'll reply only to the parts
about areas I am working on, and will let the Installation Assistant
team look into the other topics.

David Fifield wrote (20 Feb 2016 08:13:08 GMT) :
>  2. I didn't have the udisks2 package installed, so the installer did
>     not detect the USB drive.

Thanks for catching this bug in our packaging! I've added this missing
dependency in Git, so the next generation of packages will have
it fixed.

>  3. I initially didn't run the installer as root, so I didn't have
>     permission to write the disk image.

In theory you don't need to run it as root, you only need to be
considered as an administrator by polkit (which is the default if
you're a sudoer on Debian IIRC). So at first glance, it seems that
either your user is not allowed to run commands as root via polkit, or
you don't have working polkit in your current desktop session.

Can you try running:

$ pkexec whoami

... and report back what's happening?