Re: [Tails-dev] [tails-dev] [#10972] Port Tails to arm platf…

Author: intrigeri
To: n9iu7pk
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [tails-dev] [#10972] Port Tails to arm platforms
Hi,

Tails wrote (12 Feb 2016 19:16:12 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> Maybe :)

> As far as I got more familar with the repositories now ... I guess an
> actual list of packages to possibly port to tails should result from the
> following steps:

I think it's much simpler.

Basically, the only custom APT suite we'll be using in next Tails
major release is the 'devel' one ⇒ just rebuild the packages that are
currently in there. What are these packages?

Either get yourself a Debian system (debootstrap chroot, VM, Tails,
whatever) and add this APT source:

deb-src http://deb.tails.boum.org/ devel main

... or look into
http://deb.tails.boum.org/dists/devel/main/source/Sources directly.

You can even skip some packages that are currently not used (and might
not build on Jessie): gnome-theme-windows8, gnome-theme-xpluna,
gnome-xp-icon-theme, window-picker-applet and xp-cursor-theme.

⇒ we're talking of 12 source packages to rebuild.

To understand more about our custom APT repository, start at
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/APT_repository/ :)