Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull)[de] Installation Assistant: Other Li…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] change enumeration, Re: [Tails-l10n] Installation Assistant: feedback
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull)[de] Installation Assistant: Other Linux
spriver:
> thanks for reviewing, I checked the changes and I'm okay with them (:
> Please pull:
>
> Muri Nicanor:
>> hi,
>
>> i've reviewed the translation. please review:
>> https://gitlab.com/muri/tails.git [review-de_install_other_linux
>> 0e75945] reviewed the translation and made some changes

Merged!

And thanks for starting the work on the assistant. I'm really interested
in feedback from you, especially if you think that the source can be
adjusted to make your work easier or if you think we should document
better or add comments on how to translate this.

Also, I was wondering why you used a word instead of a number in:

msgid "1 hour to install"
msgstr "Eine Stunde zum Installieren"

You are the German translators so it's really up to you and I don't want
to interfere in your decision, but I was wondering whether this was more
of a personal choice of style or whether using numbers in such context
looks weird in German? Different languages have different typographic
and style convention and I'm interested in learning them.

We decided to use numbers in English because here we are in a list
enumerating needs (facts) and numbers are probably faster to scan (for
example if you compare the needs between two scenarios) and take less
space. Also some scenarios require ¼, ½, or 1½ hour.