Re: [Tails-ux] Testing 2.0 rcl.... update on this

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
New-Topics: [Tails-ux] Desktop Camouflage Discussion Continued [was: Testing 2.0 rcl.... update on this]
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Testing 2.0 rcl.... update on this
Spencer:
> Copied ux@ for historical reasons.
>

>> Awkward:
>> screenshot of the computer's desktop [as the background]
>
> This is a great low-fi way of achieving Desktop Camouflage!

At least when I'm using Tails, the desktop background is only visible
for one second or two on boot, so that wouldn't help much. I feel like
the top and bottom bars and windows decoration are more visible and
identifying while the system is in use.

See for example the MacBuntu theme that would work perfectly whatever is
the background image:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8sUgza01m6Q/UYEKUsWKXLI/AAAAAAAADFs/TbmZVc-Cm-w/s1000/screen-1.jpg