[Tails-dev] Cannot install Tor Browser in Tails 2.0 build

Author: ceyx
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Cannot install Tor Browser in Tails 2.0 build
Hello,

First, thank you all for bringing the world Tails.

My question concerns the manual build of Tails 2.0. My builds were
successful up to 1.8.2 and now they break, as the Tor Browser cannot be
fetched due to a DNS error in the chrooted environment.

Install the Tor Browser
Fetching
http://torbrowser-archive.tails.boum.org/5.5//tor-browser-linux32-5.5_ar.tar.xz
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
     0curl: (6) Could not resolve host: torbrowser-archive.tails.boum.org
E: config/chroot_local-hooks/10-tbb failed (exit non-zero). You should
check for errors.
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...

real    9m1.158s
user    3m37.662s
sys    1m35.506s
+ RET=1
+ '[' -e binary.iso ']'
+ fatal 'lb build failed (1).'
+ echo 'lb build failed (1).'
lb build failed (1).
+ exit 1
+ kill -9 12774

The http_proxy variable turns out to be empty at this point. The URL is
perfectly accessible from the build machine. When I replace it with an
IP address (198.252.153.59) the build breaks on a SHA256 error.

Git branch is stable. The build is performed on Wheezy running within
VirtualBox, meeting the dependencies as described here:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#index3h1

What is going wrong here? I'm probably overlooking something obvious.
Any hint that points me in the right direction is appreciated.

Best regards,

Ceyx

PS The rationale behind our build are some minor customizations (i.e.,
some files in /etc/skel/).