Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr][merge] Tails 2.0

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
New-Topics: [Tails-l10n] [fr][review] tails-greeter [Was: Tails 2.0]
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr][merge] Tails 2.0
Hi,

elouann wrote (25 Jan 2016 23:19:52 GMT) :
> please merge from the following repositories:

Thank you. Next time, please make it clear what was the exact state
you reviewed (commit ID) for each branch that you want us to merge,
otherwise the whole review'n'merge process is not very meaningful.

> * IUK
> https://gitlab.com/AtomiKe/tails-iuk
> branch: translation

Merged!

> * perl5lib
> https://gitlab.com/AtomiKe/tails-perl5lib.git
> branch: translation

Merged!

> * liveusb-creator
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/elouann/liveusb-creator
> branch: translation
> I did some modifications on top of the translations of Atomike.
> Given the schedule, I'm asking for merge, feel free to postpone.
> Atomike, could you please have a look at the commit db94422?

Merged, because it seemed to be somewhat better than no translations
at all, but a very quick look allowed me to spot a few mistakes, so
I had a closer look and found quite a few problems (sounds like the
review process was rushed a bit to get into Tails 2.0? :)

* "Impossible de trouver syslinux - gptmbr.bin" is not a correct
translation. of "Could not find syslinux' gptmbr.bin".
The apostrophe in the English string indicates possession.

* msgstr "Impossible de trouver le module COM32 '%s" lacks
a "'" character.

* This is confusing:
    msgid "Could not read the extracted MBR from %(path)s"
    msgstr "Impossible de lire le MBR extrait de %(path)s"
  (we're *reading* the MBR from %(path)s, while the translation lets
  me believe that it was *extracted* from %(path)s)

* Grammar mistake in "a échouée".

* Please translate "Tails Installer" consistently. In the .desktop
file we say "Programme d'installation de Tails", the doc says
"Installeur de Tails" at least in one place; this was confusing
enough, and I don't think that introducing yet another name
("Installeur Tails") as this branch does is good.

* Can you please translate "GB"? I see the English version in the
middle of an otherwise translated French string.

* I don't think that "le block" is a good enough translation for "the
block device". Maybe "le périphérique de type bloc" instead ?

* Typo in "Ommisions".

* When pointing to local documentation
(file:///usr/share/doc/tails/website/...), please point to the
French page, not the English one.

Please make sure that this branch is reviewed again once these
problems have been resolved.

> * tails-greeter
> https://gitlab.com/AtomiKe/tails-greeter.git
> branch: translation

I think that the translation of "Disable all networking" should make
it clear that it's about network connections, which the proposed
branch doesn't. I suggest "Désactiver toutes les connexions réseau".

... and then let's make sure that
wiki/src/doc/first_steps/startup_options/network_configuration.fr.po
uses the very same wording :)