[Tails-testers] Fw: 2.0~rc1 graphics issue

Author: philalethes
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Fw: 2.0~rc1 graphics issue
I downloaded the new release of 2.0, burned to disc, and have the very same problem as reported earlier on the beta: No icons, desktop goes black.
Guess you did not incorporate the drivers for my chipset yet. When the previous report was answered you guys said you would but it’s still not done?

At the boot menu, the Tab key was not responsive on my USB keyboard. I could not alter the boot parameters to debug and get error messages.

>From the black screen I didn’t know Linux keystrokes to reboot. I found Cntrl-Alt-backspace did nothing. Cntrl-Alt-F2 got me to a terminal, but I had no idea what the login and pw are by default so nothing could be done to reboot... as I don’t know all the commands! Had to pull the plug to get out of it.

On another computer, Lenovo laptop, it gets stuck on boot menu. On this one the Tab key DOES work on the internal keyboard, but with or without editing the boot line, all I see is it cycle the countdown of seconds to boot 4 3-2-1... then again 4-3-2-1... endlessly. When I hit Tab again it is back to the default parameters so I cannot tell if they changed.

I’m not a LInux user, so after I edited the boot parameter, I just hit Enter. I trust that would have changed them?