Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer

Autor: Austin English
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 6:14 AM, <mmarco@???> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Since the recent announcement of tails-installer package for debian, I thought
> it could be cool to have packages for other distros. In particular I use
> gentoo, so writing an ebuild shouldn't be really hard (it is basically a
> script that downloads the code, compiles and installs it). I could do it
> myself, but I haven't found the location of the source code of tails-
> installer.
>
> Is it in the full repo of tails or does it have a specific repo somewhere else?

Hi Miguel,

I was going to do to the same, and asked on IRC yesterday, but didn't
get a reply until this morning:
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/liveusb-creator

Before that, I was considering using the debian orig.tar.gz:
http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tails-installer/tails-installer_4.4.6+dfsg.orig.tar.gz

Linked from:
https://packages.debian.org/en/sid/main/tails-installer

But if you're planning to do so, I'll hold off. I'm about to go on
holiday anyway, so it may be a while before I can.

--
-Austin