Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-dev] Call for testing: Tails Inst…

Author: Austin English
To: Tails list for early testers, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-dev] Call for testing: Tails Installer in Debian testing/unstable, and Ubuntu
On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 10:02 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tails Installer is now available:
>
> 1. in Debian testing/unstable
>
> 2. in a Ubuntu PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~tails-team/+archive/ubuntu/tails-installer
>
> The package is called: tails-installer.
>
> Please test it :)
>
> We'll follow-up here once the package is also available for Debian
> stable (Jessie) users, via the official jessie-backports.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> intrigeri

I tested this on Debian Unstable, with an iso I already had
downloaded. There were some warnings about my internal hdd:
austin@debian-laptop:~$ tails-installer-launcher
[creator.py:622 (detect_supported_drives)] WARNING: Skipping device
'/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sda' connected to '' interface
[creator.py:622 (detect_supported_drives)] WARNING: Skipping device
'/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sda5' connected to ''
interface
[creator.py:622 (detect_supported_drives)] WARNING: Skipping device
'/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sda3' connected to ''
interface
[creator.py:622 (detect_supported_drives)] WARNING: Skipping device
'/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sda2' connected to ''
interface
[creator.py:622 (detect_supported_drives)] WARNING: Skipping device
'/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sda1' connected to ''
interface

fyi (not sure if that's intended for users to see or not). In any
case, the installer worked fine on a 4GB usb key, though it did
require me to authenticate with sudo twice. Perhaps a warning should
be made that this will occur in the GUI (or recommend root). It booted
on my hardware that I normally use with tails.

This should make testing new isos MUCH easier, thanks everyone!
--
-Austin