Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Tails Installer in Deb…

Author: anonym
To: tails-testers
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Tails Installer in Debian testing/unstable, and Ubuntu
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Tails Installer in Debian testing/unstable, and Ubuntu
intrigeri:
> hi,
>
> anonym wrote (18 Jan 2016 02:17:37 GMT) :
>> On an up-to-date Debian Unstable I get this error:

[snip]

>> I get it when trying clicking both "Install ..." and "Upgrade ..." in
>> the launcher window when a USB drive or SD card is plugged, resulting in
>> the application exiting. If I start it in either mode without a device
>> plugged, I get the error as soon as I plug a device -- in this case at
>> least the "No device suitable ..." warning disappears and reappears as I
>> plug/unlpug a device, but it's of course no listed.
>
>> I also tried to zero a device, to no avail.
>
> "Interesting".
>
> please retry by running in a Terminal:
>
> export DEBUG=1
> tails-installer-launcher
>
> ... and report back the full console output.

I did that, and didn't think what I saw was interesting. Any way, I'll
send you the full log in private since it leaks some particulars about
my system.

Also I've noticed that we trap SIGINT, so when I start it from a
terminal I cannot kill with Ctrl+C. That's a bit annoying...

Cheers!