[Tails-testers] Testing Tails2.0 rc1

Author: ard sur
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Testing Tails2.0 rc1
Hi
I am trying out Tails 2.0 rc1 and thought to drop you a line.

I did not manage to get Tails2.0 1st release working, but this one is doing
fine.
Loaded in my notebook on Windows10 Pro, but in a Virtual machine VMware;
disavantage is that no persistent part can be made.

-The loading and installation went quick and smooth.
-a refreshing blue desktop opened with only 4 icons
- the top right hand systems icons are clear and informative
- connection to my home network, went smooth ; only had to give it the
password toget connected OK
-screen resolutions had to be adjusted toget it to screen filling format,
but this was easy to do, intuitive as I know from tails fromer versions.
- openeing my harddrive did not work under the virtual machine. The CD/DVD
drive
-opening TorBrowser , I could not maximise it, could this be blocked ? (Tor
browser normally warns against maximising it, but gives a warning text)
-appreciate the loaded software, tor browser, libreoffice, have to explore
Icedove, but see that Torbirdy is engaged by this, OK

ok this is it for the moment , continue toexplore and let you know if I
find something I do not understand or it does not work as expected.
regards
ard

--
​ ​