Re: [Tails-testers] Bug: Cannot chose different language for…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Bug: Cannot chose different language format
Hi,

sajolida wrote (14 Jan 2016 10:07:03 GMT) :
> Thanks for reporting this! I could reproduce it easily on my Tails as
> well. This is what I got in the journal:

> Jan 14 10:05:09 amnesia kernel: gnome-control-c[3873]: segfault at 0 ip
> 00000000f5a2dcb9 sp 00000000ffad8280 error 4 in
> libc-2.19.so[f59b3000+16e000]

Same here. Thanks for the report!

This looks like https://bugs.debian.org/743929.

At first glance, I'm not going to track it particularly in our
Redmine, since:

1. it's likely an upstream bug, and there are indications that it may
be fixed in newer GNOME

2. even if this "list narrowing" usability improvement was working,
selecting a format doesn't work: it suggests that one restarts the
GNOME session, and regardless of what the user chooses, nothing
visible happens and the old settings are still in effect (yes,
perhaps we should simply hide this control center module, to avoid
proposing options that don't work; if someone says "yes, do that"
I'll file a ticket about it)

3. we document + support another, working (I think?) way to set
Formats: Tails Greeter