Re: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails 2.0~beta1 (Seahorse GU…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
Betreff: Re: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails 2.0~beta1 (Seahorse GUI issues)
spriver:
> intrigeri:
>
> while doing some doc work (screenshots for the veryfing process with
> Tails or Linux in genral) I noted that the notifications regarding to
> the verifications process are not like other notifications (after
> importing the key and verifying the iso with the signature). First the
> small notification at the center of the bottom of the screen is
> displayed as usual. The little icon in the bottom-left corner is also
> displayed as usual. But if the notification-area is opened there is no
> lightbulb (e.g. notifications from Tor Browser show one there) compared
> to other notifications. But the notification itself can be accessed by
> clicking on the gray space in the bottom-left corner.

It's funny that I've been exploring the same thing yesterday starting
from #9285. I created #10882 to solve this properly. The thing is that
this page (/doc/get/verify_the_iso_image_using_gnome) might already be
broken for Tails as you can't open applications from Tor Browser and
also will loose much of its relevance once we don't advertise OpenPGP
verification as the recommended technique.

So if I were you I wouldn't spend much time on this one. I'm offline
right now so I can't check what this implies in terms of Redmine but
maybe you doc ticket should be put in relation with #10882 or adjusted
not to mention this page...