Re: [Tails-dev] sending mail

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, cypherpunks
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] sending mail
Mahyar S:
> First time
> user, need to just verify and maybe get some instruction.

Writing to tails-support@??? would be more appropriate then. This
is our development mailing list. I'll answer very quickly here but
please write on tails-support@??? from now on.

> Will all internet traffic
> go through TOR network and not my public IP?

Yes. Outgoing non-Tor traffic is dropped.

> I would
> like to use my own mail client to send emails, will SMTP and IMAP traffic go
> through TOR network? Will my internal or external IP addresses show up in the
> source?

I highly recommend not installing custom programs in Tails since you are
a first user. We ship Icedove (aka Thunderbird) which is a good email
client.

> I would appreciate
> some instructions on how to set things up correctly.

Sorry but we don't have any.