Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing new tools and instructi…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers, tchou
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing new tools and instructions to get started with Tails
emmapeel:
> sajolida:
>> It would be most helpful to point out:
>>
>>   - Technical problems. If you think that something technical failed
>>     during the process, try to describe in details what you were
>>     trying to do and how it failed.

> - When I am in the page
> https://tails.boum.org/install/debian/clone/overview/index.en.html
> the images for clone-temporary-tails.png and
> restart-on-temporary-tails.png give 404 not found, although I see them
> on my local repo.

I think this is fixed now. We had some transient error on the production
server at the beginning.

> - Same with https://tails.boum.org/install/clone/index.en.html /
> clone-temporary-tails.png

Same.

> - The Tails banner on top is partially hidden by the content of the page
> along the install pages

u also mentioned this, so it's interesting to see that you too.

This is a deliberate choice from tchou. I must say that I'm not a big
fan of this as I don't feel anymore the need to style the Installation
Assistant as a special section of the website (it was to us while
working on it, but I don't think it will make sense for people visiting
it), but this cut-off gives us some vertical space and I have no real
functional argument against it.

>>   - Victories. For example, tell us if you found this super cool or
>>     if it helped you install Tails for the first time!

> Apart of fancy, is very practical the way the images gets bigger when
> hovering.

Cool!

Thanks for the feedback!