Re: [Tails-dev] HTTPS-Everywhere missing config page!

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] HTTPS-Everywhere missing config page!
kytv wrote (25 Dec 2015 16:28:04 GMT) :
> I don't know what the rationale for removing it is/was

It comes from when we upgraded to Tor Browser based on Firefox 4:

commit 1fa1d67a7bf54862598b8085aecd7af84944a8da
Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
Date: Tue Nov 29 22:22:19 2011 +0100

    Hide the HTTPS Everywhere button in the toolbar.

... indeed lacks a justification. Sorry about that.

At this point I see no good reason to diverge from the Tor Browser on
this one. I'm in favour of removing this part of our delta.

If anyone wants to improve things in this area: please do so in Tor
Browser :) Fair enough?