[Tails-dev] 2.0 status update

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: tails-dev
Sujet: [Tails-dev] 2.0 status update
Hi,

so, 2.0~beta1 was released ~10 days ago:
https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.0-beta1/

Since then, I got plenty of feedback, mostly from people I don't
identify as Tails contributors:
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-testers/2015-December/thread.html
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-testers/2016-January/thread.html

I've tried to keep the list of known issues up-to-date:
https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.0-beta1/#known_issues
... but for problems I don't expect to fix in time for 2.0, I've
instead added them there:
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/wiki/src/support/known_issues.mdwn?h=devel#n554

A bunch of very real bugs (some of which quite important) were
pinpointed. Quite a few of them now have fixes waiting to be reviewed
already:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=117

By the way, I bet anonym won't mind some help doing reviews, as he has
no less than 20 tickets to review for 2.0 already, and I will probably
add quite a few more to the list.

Some problems I'm waiting for feedback, or for actions from others:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10835
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10811
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10808

I'm not aware of any problem that is a real release blocker (that is,
that would force us to release a 1.9 based on Wheezy in 3 weeks,
instead of 2.0 based on Jessie). There are some problems that annoy me
quite a lot, and that I intend to look deeper into, though:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9012
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10807
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10576

The RC1 will be built in 9 days, and I'd like to keep the changes
merged post-RC to the bare minimum. Next week is thus the ideal time
to get any problem reported and fixed.

If you are aware of other issues, *now* is time to let me know. If you
disagree with my priority assessment for any of the regressions
brought by the devel branch, please let me know ASAP (I intend to
delegate the decision on any such non-consensual issue to
anonym+sajolida, as long as the problem is raised early enough; for
whatever is reported too late, I'll feel free to postpone to 2.2 or
something myself). For some problems, exceptionally a mere "I've seen
it too" would be useful in itself, by the way.