Re: [Tails-testers] Some criticism about the 2.0 beta

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: Yui Hirasawa, sprick
CC: Tails list for early testers
Sujet: Re: [Tails-testers] Some criticism about the 2.0 beta
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (31 Dec 2015 12:23:39 GMT) :
> Yui Hirasawa wrote (28 Dec 2015 18:54:52 GMT) :
>>> Which exact animations are slow in your experience? I think we can
>>> easily disable some of them.

>> Pretty much all of them lag a bit but especially the boot animation
>> where the desktop expands from the middle.

> OK, I'll try to disable them, and we'll see if it changes anything.
> This is now tracked as https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10808.

It would be helpful if you folks, who reported that GNOME Shell
animations were sluggish, could run the following command in
a terminal inside the GNOME desktop on Tails 2.0~beta1 (as the regular
'amnesia' user, *not* as root):

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface enable-animations false

... and report back if it improves your feelings wrt. the desktop
behaviour in any way. Thanks in advance!

> OK. The good news is that I have access to a X200 so I can test there.

Done, feels just right for me. I've posted more details, and test
results on older hardware: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10808#note-2

> I'll also check if one can allocate more memory to the graphics
> adapter, perhaps it could improve things a bit.

Apparently it's not possible.