[Tails-testers] Removable storage in 'Places' [Was: Bug repo…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Removable storage in 'Places' [Was: Bug report: 96dca82e776c192d3fa7dbb1c2fed495]
Hi,

tails-bugs@??? wrote (29 Dec 2015 19:58:38 GMT) :
> an anonymous report says that when plugging a new USB stick, it does not
> appears in 'Places' unless you access it through 'Computer'

Confirmed, on 2.0~beta1 (it appears in the file manager's sidebar).

This implies that our doc needs to be updated ⇒ filed as
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10810.

The "Places" menu only exists in Classic mode, that we won't have
anymore if/when we switch to regular GNOME Shell (which is likely to
happen at some point), so at first glance it doesn't look like it's
worth investing time into changing this behavior.