[Tails-ux] Victims of Success: Dealing With Divergent Featur…

Author: Spencer
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: [Tails-ux] Victims of Success: Dealing With Divergent Feature Requests
Hi,

> sajolida:
> Yesterday I read this:
>
> https://simplysecure.org/blog/handling-feature-requests/

It is very nice, and exemplifies the way math and design are besties :)

I would be weary of the source, though, as they are, at least in their
past lives, responsible for much of the unusable stuff out there :/

However, this, and other posts in their blog, seem to contain some very
nice gems.

For example, in the breakdown of the pony illustration, we can see the
author move through making observations, generating insights, and then
establishing what is often called a 'How Might We?'. This is a common
thought process for managing the ever divergent nature of problem
solving and is sometimes called 'Systems Thinking' or 'Design Thinking'.

This is great because we can extract value from these readings, even if
they are mostly examples, and apply them to our lives :)

Thanks!

Wordlife,
Spencer