Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-dev] Call for testing new tools and i…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Austin English
À: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Tails user experience & user interface design, Tails list for early testers
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-dev] Call for testing new tools and instructions to get started with Tails
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 9:07 AM, sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> We are aware that the process of getting started with Tails
> (downloading, verifying, installing, starting, and configuring) might be
> the main stumbling block for its wider adoption.
>
> Over 2015, we have worked very hard to make this process easier and
> today we are happy to release a first beta version of the new process.
>
> We worked on:
>
> 1. A Firefox add-on to automate the verification of the ISO image,
>    written by Giorgio Maone, the author of NoScript.

Awesome! Can confirm it works with Iceweasel on Debian Unstable
(tested using 40.0.3-3). Really slick, thanks Giorgio.

> 2. The inclusion of Tails Installer directly in Ubuntu (and Debian
>    really soon), to avoid burning a DVD, using two USB sticks, or going
>    through the command line.

Also awesome!

> 3. New instructions on the website to present the process
>    step-by-step, according to your operating systems, skills, and
>    available hardware.

Very nice.

> We would love to have many diverse people test it and tell us what
> they think. For example, if you tried to install or verify Tails in
> the past but failed, your feedback will be much appreciated!
>
> It would be most helpful to point out:
>
>   - Technical problems. If you think that something technical failed
>     during the process, try to describe in details what you were
>     trying to do and how it failed.
>   - Usability problems. If you fail to understand something, point us
>     to the part that is unclear; if you get a result different from
>     what you expected, tell us what surprised you in a bad way.
>     Please don't report problems that you think other people might
>     face, unless you are a usability expert :)

I was surprised that the Other Linux instructions mention two usb
drives but not an option to use a DVD and 1 usb drive. Was that
intentional? I don't always have extra usb sticks available (or ones
that I trust), but blank DVDs are relatively cheap (and that's how I
first installed Tails ;) ).

--
-Austin