[Tails-dev] Tails 1.8.1 emergency release

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: tails-dev
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Tails 1.8.1 emergency release
Hi,

Tor Browser 5.0.5 (included in Tails 1.8) lacks a few critical
security fixes from Firefox 38.5, and Tor Browser 5.0.6 was released
to address them. It looks exactly like the kind of problems that we
generally want to fix without waiting 6 weeks.

bertagaz and I are up to being the RM:s for an emergency 1.8.1
release, *except*:

* for bandwidth reasons, it would be very helpful if someone _else_
(that can't be anyone but anonym I guess) prepared a branch for the
actual Tor Browser update ASAP today;

* manual test suite: whatever part of it we decided to "run" will
likely happen tomorrow (Saturday), and we *will* need help;
volunteers among those with testing credentials?