[Tails-ux] Greeter help button

Autore: Alan
To: tails-ux
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter
Nuovi argomenti: [Tails-ux] Greeter Icons [was: Greeter help button]
Oggetto: [Tails-ux] Greeter help button
Hi,

> >> First, regarding methodology: we're not doing statistics here and we
> >> don't need statistically reasonable sample sizes to detect problems and
> >> propose solutions. Otherwise we'll never get there :) UX testing is more
> >> about opening your eyes to things that you didn't see before than doing
> >> stats.
> >
> > Design is science. We do need reasonable sample sizes otherwise we have
> > nothing to stand on when asked why, especially with something as
> > subjective as "help".
> >
> >> In this particular case
> >
> > The 09a2cca Greeter displays 'Language (i) Default Settings'.
> > The ac2b346 Greeter displays 'Language & Region (i)' which unburies the
> > help button.

We tested the 2nd format.

> > If you tested the latter of these two options then I propose this [2].
> > The issue might be with '(i)' not translating to 'Help' in peoples
> > minds. This proposal changes '(i)' to 'Help', though it also removes
> > the finer context as it is no longer section specific.
> >
> > It is up to you to decide between the two locations/occurrences :)
>
> I'll wait for Alan to comment on this.

I don't like your proposal as it makes it impossible to find the help
link of you don't know the "help" word in english. I'd like to see
something more understandable amongst languages, as a question mark.

I'm unsure if it must be section specific, even though it may be a nice
bonus.

Cheers