Re: [Tails-l10n] (discuss)[de]

Author: Muri Nicanor
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (discuss)[de]
hi,

On 12/13/2015 10:44 PM, flapflap wrote:
[...]
> I changed the text "Installation von Windows aus" to "Installation unter
> Windows" because - although correct - it took me some time to figure out
> how to understand the sentence. I think my version is more common and
> easier to understand, I but leave it to the reviewer whether to accept
> this change or not.

yeah, we definitly have to find a solution for that, because that
wording occurs in a lot of pages of the install wizard. i was under the
impression, that the wording 'install from $operatingsystem' was a
deliberate choice (instead of 'install on $operatingsystem' which i
would translate to 'installation unter $operatingsystem'), so the users
don't assumme that Tails is something you can install on windows like
torbrowser.
(it would be a lot easier, at least in german, to say "create a tails
usb stick on $operatingsystem", because then the meaning is clear...)
i remember vaguely that there was a discussion about the wording on some
tails-list, but i cannot find it anymore...
maybe someone comes up with a wording thats both clear and correct?
(if not: i can also live with 'unter')

cheers,
muri