Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #5301 - Clone or Backup Persistent V…

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #5301 - Clone or Backup Persistent Volume
Hi Andrew,

Andrew Gallagher:
> Nobody interested?

I guess most of us are simply quite busy atm - but yes, as we created
this ticket initially, we are interested in such a solution. Thank you
for working on this.

I had a quick view, but I am not knowledgeable in Perl and just saw that
you use rsync, as suggested also in our blueprint on the matter:
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/backups/
Did you read it?

The Installer is written in Python and uses GTK so I suppose that a
backup that wants to get integrated into the installer should probably
use Python (correct me if that is totally wrong, please).

Cheers!
u.