[Tails-ux] [Tails - Bug #10471] Fix PCB placement on Tails l…

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] [Tails - Bug #10471] Fix PCB placement on Tails logo
Hi,

> sajolida:
> I procrastinated a bit on this

Not as much as I :)

> here is what I came up with, only changing the placement of the PCB
> on the current logo.
>
> As I said earlier, I'm not ready to impact our logo more than that.

Fair enough :)

> Now I would be interested in feedback on the visual of the new version
> (and not its technical correctness).

It is unclear how there is a difference. I am all for being cautious
but here is a snippet from GNOME, since we default to their logic often:

"Icons are a graphical metaphor presenting a visual image that the user
associates with a particular object, state, or operation."

The value of this statement is in the word 'associates'. To me,
technical correctness is what Tails is all about, as that is where we
place our trust, in things being technically correct. This is an
important association to maintain and the visually iconic representation
of Tails is currently lacking in this respect.

An example issue the refinement addresses is the off-centered nature of
the housing and PCB in comparison to the plastic body; I found that a
1x2 Lego was virtually the same proportions as the body and was able to
vertically center these elements. The Lego was chosen because of its
alignment to the underlining philosophical nature of maintaining Tails;
brick-by-brick with minimal modification.

I will not push this further since you are this uncomfortable but please
keep in mind that this is a refinement and not a change; still a happy
micro USB stick with a padlock heart :)

> we can start replacing it in various places

Sounds good. Update to whichever option everyone feels most comfortable
with.

Wordlife,
Spencer