Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter

Autore: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-ux] Results of UX tests on Greeter
intrigeri:
> first, thanks a lot!

:)

> I suggest someone points to the exact prototype that was tested (IIRC
> the link to the Git repo was posted here already, but to know what
> exact UI the test results apply to, one also needs a commit ID or
> something).

Sure, what we tested was pretty much:

http://repo.or.cz/tails-greeter-prototype.git (09a2cca)

Lunar and I did a bunch of new commits on top of this to have a more
suitable setup but 1. I think Lunar sent these commits to Alan already
but I don't have them myself and they are in the repo, 2. they didn't
change the prototype significantly with respect to the results.

> sajolida wrote (25 Nov 2015 11:52:21 GMT) :
>> [1]: Virtual keyboard (bonus).
>
>> Nobody was blocked by the default keyboard not being their usual one but
>> many did typos. I wonder how would this be for people using non-Latin
>> scripts.
>
> In passing, I wonder how the UX looks like after a non-Latin keyboard
> layout, that requires a specific input method, has been *successfully*
> selected (IBus support in the new Greeter?).

There was no real support for keyboard layout so we can't know. But
that's definitely something to keep in mind.

>> [19]: "Start Tails" = "Unlock"
>
>> Many people were not clicking "Unlock" before clicking "Start Tails"
>> when activating the persistent storage. We should make "Start Tails"
>> perform the same action as "Unlock" before starting the session.
>
> Yes, please :)
>
> Also, there's a lot of good input (that I'm not quoting) wrt.
> timezone handling. Do you have plans to add it to the relevant
> blueprint, or should I?

Since neither Alan nor Spencer attended the tests, my suggestions are
only mine so far. So I'd like them to comment first and I think they
should be the ones to update the blueprint once we reach an agreement.