[Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.8

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.8
Hi,

I'll be the release manager for Tails 1.8, which is a minor/stable
release scheduled for 2015-12-15. This is the last *planned* Tails
release based on Debian Wheezy, so except potential emergency releases,
Tails will be based on Debian Jessie after 1.8. :)

The list of tickets targeting Tails 1.8 can be found here:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=189

172 ticket! Yikes! And that doesn't include 18 tickets I currently see
in the view for Tails 1.7:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=188

Please postpone tickets ASAP! Also, please sit down and try to make your
plans for 1.8 realistic. Let's not have the current Target Release
degenerate to "the list of things I should prioritize". And yes, I know
I am a hypocrite with my 51 tickets targeting 1.8. :) I'll have such a
sit down myself, soon.

Here's the preliminary release schedule for Tails 1.8:

* 2015-12-14:
  - All branches targeting Tails 1.8 *must* be merged into the `stable`
    branch by noon, CET.
  - The upcoming Tor Browser is hopefully out so we can import it.
  - Build and upload Tails 1.8 ISO image and IUKs.
  - Hopefully start testing Tails 1.8.

* 2015-12-15:
- Finish testing Tails 1.8 by the afternoon, CET.
- Release Tails 1.8 during late CET.

Testers, please let me know:

* if you are available on 2015-12-14, late CET

* if you are available on 2015-12-15, morning to afternoon, CET.

Cheers!