Re: [Tails-dev] Update Electrum documentation for Tails 1.8 …

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, mjenglish
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Update Electrum documentation for Tails 1.8 upgrade to version 2.5.4
Michael English:
> Please see https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9713 for context.
>
> Recommend users to manually select a trusted .onion server to protect
> against DoS after note about SPV vulnerability.
>
> Make a note that Electrum uses mBTC as the default base unit. 1 mBTC =
> 0.001 BTC. It can be changed in preferences.

Thanks for the input. I'd like to see whoever is working on the update
to 2.5.4 propose patches to the current documentation [1]. Then I don't
mind editing and polishing it but I won't have time to do the
investigation part myself. So thanks for starting it.

- How would people "manually select a trusted .onion server"?
- Where can people find "a trusted .onion server"?
- How should our current warning about SPV be adapted?

[1]:
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/wiki/src/doc/anonymous_internet/electrum.mdwn