Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails - Feature #5991] Include BitTorrent s…

Autore: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails - Feature #5991] Include BitTorrent software
Spencer:
>> str4d:
>> If I2P is enabled
>
> The Design section at https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/I2P/
> points out some I2P issues. A new question is, are these concerns
> relevant to the Tor Network as well?
>
> If so, then maybe there can be a "Torrent over I2P :)" consensus based
> on the Tor Project's preference to not support torrenting.

Based on my limited understanding of the topic, I think that the way to
go would be to document how to do Torrent over I2P.

Some people started working on this a while ago task right now:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9563.

>> adding the i2p flag to the boot parameters
>
> The Tails documentation on this is not clear to me.
>
> Also, the links https://tails.boum.org/geti2p.net and
> http://127.0.0.1:7657/i2psnark do not load :(

Did you check our I2P documentation. It might be outdated but should be
enough to get you started. Otherwise, please clarify what's outdated in
the documentation:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/i2p/

>> [native application] only usable with I2P
>
> Easy, and I think maybe a good way to go. Something less usefully
> bloated than Vuze might be more suitable...the I2P documentation has
> some good alternatives.
>
>> Perhaps something to this effect could be added to the documentation?
>
> sajolida, what do you think?

I'm in favor of documenting how to use Torrent over I2P, either in the
I2P page, in a subpage, or in the advanced topics section.