[Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: new prototype

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: new prototype
Hi,

>> Spencer:
>> Then what value do you expect to extract from the test? :)
>>

> sajolida:
> I'm not sure to understand your question...

No worries. We should test with the place holder dialogs.

For example, people familiar with Tails will expect persistence. People
not familiar with Tails will ask about saving their files once they
learn about Tails; having to explain can be avoided by letting the
dialogs do it. This applies to the other elements, too :)

Also, we should test as much as we can. Even if it is not fully
functional people can, and often prefer to, imagine; composition can be
tested in this respect.

> The "value" as in "result" will be two folded:
>
> 1. A list of the most severe and frequent issues and they frequency of
>    occurrence.

Issues with frequency and occurrence value tags sounds good; I presume
you are just doing a Cognitive Walkthrough, yeah?

> 2. A System Usability Scale (SUS) score. I've never used that but
>    wanted to try. I'm not sure it's particularly relevant here but
>    let's see what comes out of this.

Sounds good though we will need to rethink some of the questions and
update the whole thing sometime in the future, should you find it
valuable.

Wordlife,
Spencer