Re: [Tails-dev] Getting Started

Author: Jurre van Bergen
To: tails-dev
CC: kilidev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Getting Started

On 11/04/2015 10:01 PM, kilidev@??? wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to contribute to tails. I poked around the website and found the
> easy_tasks article which said that to begin I should email what I would like
> to work on so that I can become more familiar with the process of submitting
> work. I looked at the list of easy tasks and I think that I would be able to
> port the tails-about from python2 to python3.4
> (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10082). How should I go about getting
> started (I already downloaded the latest ISO as the insctructions in the
> above link stated) once I am finished porting the code?
> Thanks in advance!
> -kilid

Hi kilid!

I'm happy to see a new face and thanks for your enthusiasm!

Do you have a Redmine account by any chance? We could put you as
responsible for the tickets and ping you in case you need any help. If
you're done with porting the code, you could update the ticket with a
git branch with your changes(preferred) or submit a git-format-patch.

You can find the source code in the tails repository:
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails
Then it's in: ./config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/bin/tails-about

A pointer from our blueprint can be found:
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/python3/|

- gtk|: deprecated, replaced by |python3-gi| and |gir1.2-gtk-3.0|

These are packages you would have to install on Tails.

If you need anymore info feel free to reply to this e-mail thread! :)

Best,
Jurre