Re: [Tails-dev] BlueTooth in Tails (and about #7787)

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, goupille
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] BlueTooth in Tails (and about #7787)
goupille:
> Hi !
>
> the only place where we are talking about BlueTooth on the website is
> this page :
>
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/wireless_devices

Yes.

> the first sentence is really confusing (BT is "enabled" when Tails
> starts but it "doesn't work by default" so we have to "enable" it). I
> think that, even if there is a chance that Bluetooth management will
> change in a few weeks/monthes, It would be good to be clearer about
> how it works (or not) now.

This sentence was broken by 4fa1c46. I'm probably the one who did an
improper merge or something, so I'll make sure this gets fixed.

> from what I understand, if the rf killswitch is set to off, Tails
> detect that there is a BlueTooth interface, load the bluetooth module
> but it lacks some gnome packages to make it really work, is that
> correct ?

I understand it slightly differently. By default the kernel modules are
loaded and rf killswitch is on but we don't have the desktop utilities
(gnome-bluetooth) to actual make Bluetooth available to the user.