Re: [Tails-testers] Help needed with screenshots of Mac boot…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Help needed with screenshots of Mac boot menu with Tails
Spencer:
> Hi,
>
>> Spencer:
>> [Something close to correct]
>
> Actually, here[0] is the DVD startup screen, and here[1] is the USB
> Stick startup screen.

Thanks for the fast reply. These are great!

Do you confirm that the DVD appears with a hard disk icon on [0]!?
That's weird, but so be it :) Because on this one I see a DVD icon, but
maybe Tails acts different:

http://www.mactrast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/install-os-x-lion-dvd-drive.jpg

On [1] I guess this was a Tails USB stick installed using Tails
Installer? Does it make any difference if the USB stick is installed
using dd and the command line? Like instructed on
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/installation/manual/mac/

If you don't know how to do that don't worry...

> These are a hybrid of Yosemite, El Capitan, and whatever came on the
> 2009 macs in this library (depreciated startup disk and USB icons appear
> at boot).
>
> Let me know if you would like these adjusted in any way.

Well, now I'm wondering whether we should put these screenshots in the
Mac instructions. If they differ greatly from one Mac to another or if
the icons don't make much sense (like a hard disk instead of a DVD
sometimes), then maybe we should instead document to select whatever
option is not "Macintosh HD" (or "on the right") or just let the people
figure out which one is the good one, without giving partially confusing
instructions (or screenshots) in some cases.