[Tails-dev] Redmine maintainence Oct. 28, 9:30am EST - Oct. …

Author: micah
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Redmine maintainence Oct. 28, 9:30am EST - Oct. 30

Hello!

Over here at riseup we have been sad about the state of redmine, partly
because we know that you fine tails people are also sad about some bugs
in the current implementation. We have been trying to keep with the
Debian provided package of redmine for ease of maintenance, but the
current package doesn't solve the parenting problems that you are having
(among other problems), there isn't an easy way to bring the fixes in
From upstream, and there doesn't look like there will be a new version
in debian any time soon (even if we helped with that process).

So, with heavy hearts, we have decided to migrate from the debian
packaged redmine to the upstream release... and to do that, we need to
schedule some downtime.

We came up with Oct. 28th (wednesday) at 9:30am eastern US time for
starting the upgrade process. This was the best time for us to come
together and work on this. We are expecting the work to not last very
long, but with redmine we have found it best to expect the unexpected,
so we want to schedule the outage for two days, through the 30th, to get
everything worked out before we are done.

micah