Re: [Tails-dev] Tails fails to run inside Qubes OS

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails fails to run inside Qubes OS
Patrick Schleizer:
> intrigeri:
>> If you really tried Tails 1.6, then I suggest you retry with
>> a Jessie-based experimental build:
>>
>> http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-jessie/lastSuccessful/archive/
>
> Tried.
>
> - It's not affected by the X issue. Boots up without `vga=`.
> - Mouse does not work in Tails greeter (very first screen) (tab key works)
> - Probably works, but only with keyboard navigation. Which I don't know
> how to use, since keys like alt + tab are used by the host operating system.

You should be able to login with only the beyboard like this:

    TAB + TAB + ENTER

But I recommend:

SPACE + TAB + TAB + ENTER

which brings you to the "More options" screen, and then:

<password> + ENTER + <password> + ENTER

Then you can try to debug the mouse issue with the help of the admin
password, e.g. the systemd journal, /var/log/Xorg.0.log etc.

Cheers!