[Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.7

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.7
Hi,

I'll be the release manager for Tails 1.7, which is a major release
scheduled on 2015-11-03. For the list of tickets targeting Tails 1.7,
have a look at:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=188

As you can see we have a lot left to do this month so I feel forced to
push the freeze and release candidate to a somewhat later date than I
would like. This means that we barely will have a week for the
translation window, and six days for the release candidate testing.
Developers and doc writers, please try to notify the translators as soon
as your work is merged into devel so the translators can start their
work early!

Also, I have some unfortunate strict AFK/offline time from 2015-10-23 to
2015-10-25 (inclusive!) and therefore I'm extra willing to make freeze
exceptions on 2015-10-26 and do some late reviewing, possibly pushing
the image building into the late night. However, I'm gonna do my best at
reviewing stuff way early during this cycle to avoid my absence becoming
a problem.

BTW, I think we should make an extra CfT on tails-testers@ once Icedove
has been merged (if done early enough vs the freeze) and ask them to
test the Claws -> Icedove migration instructions, and Icedove in general
from some nightly build. That is the biggest user-facing change in 1.7,
and possible the thing that will suffer the most from the short RC period.

Here's the preliminary release schedule:

* 2015-10-26:
   - Freeze Tails 1.7: All feature branches targeting Tails 1.7 should
     be merged into the `devel` branch by noon, CET. I'm open to make
     exceptions if you can be online and responsive during that
     afternoon.
   - Build and upload Tails 1.7~rc1.
   - Start testing Tails 1.7~rc1 during late CET if building the image
     went smoothly.

* 2015-10-27:
- Finish testing Tails 1.7~rc1 by the afternoon, CET.
- Release Tails 1.7~rc1.

* 2015-11-02:
   - All new branches targeting Tails 1.7 must be merged into the
    `testing` branch by noon CET. I'm open to make exceptions if you
     can be online and responsive during that afternoon.
   - Tor Browser 4.5.x, based on Firefox 38esr, is hopefully out so
     we can import it.
   - Build and upload Tails 1.7 ISO image and IUKs.
   - Start testing Tails 1.7 during late CET if building the image
     went smoothly.

* 2015-11-03:
   - Finish testing Tails 1.7 by the afternoon, CET.
   - Release Tails 1.7 during late CET, earliest when Mozilla
     publishes their MFSAs.

Testers, please let me know:

* if you are available on 2015-10-26, evening, CET.

* if you are available on 2015-10-27, morning to afternoon, CET.

* if you are available on 2015-11-02, evening, CET.

* if you are available on 2015-11-03, morning to afternoon, CET.

Cheers!